Now when we talk about these cookies, I mean it when I say that, they are my FAVOURITE.
Warning Note: You can easily eat 5 of them in one go :P
I made these cookies 2 times. Because, the first time, I ended up making a few errors which led to the texture and the look being a little off. But they tasted so good that it needed a second round!
Here are some tips to be noted:
Butter: Make sure the butter is super duper soft! Even if it is 10% melted, it is absolutely fine!
Vanilla Extract: You can easily avoid it! Coffee flavor overpowers everything!
Cocoa Powder: Make sure to use dutch processed unsweetened cocoa powder. I used Hershey's.
Spatula: I used only a spatula. No need for a beater for this recipe.
Resting of the dough: This step is super IMP! Resting of the dough converts it from a batter-type consistency to a rollable one. While making rounds, if it is sticking to your palms, refrigerate it for 10 mins before you continue. It makes your life easy!
These cookies are really a child’s play and can be easily made with no long list of ingredients and being eggless just adds a cherry on the cake. The ingredients are the simplest and will be easily available in your kitchen.
1/4 cup (60ml) hot water
2 tsp (8gms) coffee powder
3/4 cup (160gms) soften butter
2/3 cup (65gms) icing sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
1 cup (125gms) maida
1 tbsp (14gms) cornflour
1/4 cup (30gms) cocoa powder
1. Submerge coffee in water and allow it to sit for some time
2. Take butter (make sure it's 10% melted) and sugar in a bowl and mix until very well combined using a spatula
3. Add the coffee mixture and mix. It will not combine very well.
4. Add the flour, cornflour, and the cocoa powder
5 Combine everything well and form a dough using a spatula
6. Allow resting in the fridge for 30 minutes super important
7. After refrigeration, make equal sized cookie balls and refrigerate for it to become hard Shape it into an oval shape
8. Place the cookie balls on your baking tray and make a gentle cut in the middle using a ruler.
9. Preheat at 1800 for 10 mins and bake at 180C for only 8-10 min. Let the cookies rest on the baking tray for 10 minutes after baking.
Voila! and there you make your yummy EGGLESS COFFEE BEAN COOKIES. Recreate your version and don't forget to tag us @cakepoprush on Instagram. We will be waiting :)
For more recipes click on our website www.cakepoprush.com
Follow us on Instagram:- https://www.instagram.com/cakepoprush/
Follow us on Facebook:- https://www.facebook.com/cakepoprush
Follow us on Youtube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcbiS3hHP0pA_uWNJSu4GTQ
Follow us on Pinterest:- https://in.pinterest.com/cakepoprush/_created/